Peace - that was the other name for home.  ~Kathleen Norris

I know that I was not born here, on the island, but I do know, that I have always felt that I belonged here, that it was where I was meant to be. This is where I choose to live, it is where I call home, and that gives me such a sense of peace. There is peace in the green of the pastures, the blue of the hydrangeas, the smell of the ocean breeze, the chirping of the birds, even in the cows grazing in the fields. There are people who spend their whole lives, searching for peace & happiness. How blessed I am to have found these things, so early on in my life. It is simple really " Aqui eu sou feliz."




Comments

  1. Bela homenagem à nossa terra. Esta música, para além de ter o nome das nossas ilhas, é das mais bonitas dos Madredeus. Um beijo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinto- me mesmo assim, abençoada por viver aqui. Sabes quando terminar a escola, vou ao Canadá, com os meus filhotes, visitar os meus pais e irmãos, já não vou lá a 9 anos......confesso que estou dividida, ansiosa por ir, mas ao mesmo tempo triste por deixar este meu cantinho do ceu. Se fosse preciso passar tudo o que passei para cá chegar, voltaria a fazer tudo de novo, pois amo tanto viver aqui. Jinhos, e boa semana de trabalha, estamos a cheagar ao fim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, always (well, ok, mostly) felt peace there!
    I miss there
    K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie