Baked Brie

So  I have already confessed to being an appetizer junkie, this baked brie is one of my favorites. It is so easy to put together, and I usually have all three ingredients in the fridge, real handy for  "surprise" visitors. The Brie cheese I used, is not very "expensive" it is a store brand, if you get the chance, buy a more "expensive" Brie, it  makes a difference. The flavor is still going to be wonderful, but the Brie does melt alot better. So here we go :


I used homemade fig jam =)













Baked Brie

2 wedges brie or 1 round
puff pastry
jam (flavor of your choice) 1/2 cup

egg yolk + 1 tablespoon water

  •  Pre-heat oven 190º/375.
  • Roll out puff pastry (thawed) , place on greased baking dish.
  • Peel brie cheese, and cut up into cubes.
  • Place brie cubes, on top of puff pastry.
  • Spread jam over the cheese cubes.
  • Fold pastry over the brie.
  • Make egg wash, and brush over pastry.
  • Bake for about 20- 30 minutes, until golden.
  • Serve, with crackers, or bread.
xo, Diana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie