"Mom, what cake are you baking for my birthday"?

Every year the same question, from all three of my children. And every year I respond, "well what kind of a cake do you want"?. They then preceed to pick and choose over various themes they fancy until deciding upon, the cake for their party. Simon, our now six year old, decided months ago, that his cake this year, just had to be Batman ! Now I must confess every year, after, I finish baking their cakes in very, hot, humid weather, I always swear,  I will  buy a cake next year !. That of course never happens, because, they look at me with their big brown eyes, and say " mom, your the best, I love my cake, thank.you "! If I am honest, baking their cakes, is a labor of love, and to see their excitement when they see the finished product, makes it all worth while.





xo,Diana

Comments

  1. Diana, realmente o nosso tempo não ajuda nada nessas coisas, mas saíste-te muito bem. O bolo ficou muito bem decorado e o amor que lhe puseste como ingrediente nunca o irias encontar à venda.
    Parabens.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ficou lindo mesmo! Tão bonito como aqueles que fazem no "Make Me Nuts".

    A Diana também está de parabéns. :)

    Beijinhos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susana é verdade, fazer bolos no nosso clima, não é tarefa facil....e depois os meus filhotes todos fazem anos no verão e o meu marido !!!!

    Elvira, obrigada :)

    Jinhos, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. O bolo ficou lindo!! Parabéns ao pequenote :)
    Adorei o blog! Bjs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie