Mac & Cheese

What is the first thing I felt like cooking, after being away for two months ??? Macaroni and cheese, I really have no idea why, it may have something to do with the fact that, it is comfort food. I won´t lie, I was missing home, and yes, you can argue I was home, while in Canada.  That within itself is a whole other post, you see where I live now, on the island, is my home. I really missed my kitchen, and how I know every nook and cranny of it, where everything is, bowls, cups, measures, the sugar and even the flour.  Today was a real joy to bake this Mac and Cheese, to go from cupboard to table, and not even second guess where anything was. To have the sun and a lovely ocean breeze come through the window, and to even have Prince our kitty, watch, while sitting on our window sill. So as simple as it may be, it was the perfect dish to celebrate being home.

Ingredients

cook and drain macaroni

add cheese, egg yolk and bechamel sauce

pour into a buttered dish

bake @ 180/350 for 20 mins.

Enjoy :)
Ingredients

1 package (500g.) elbow macaroni
1 box bechamel sauce  or ( this white sauce)
1 egg yolk
1 bag of shredded cheese
salt &pepper to taste


Cook and drain the elbow macaroni.
To the pot of macaroni, add the bechamel, egg yolk and cheese.
Stir to combine, add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into a buttered baking dish.
Bake for 20-25 mins @ 180/350.
Enjoy :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie