A Basket of Grapes

It is very common around here, to wake up , and find someone has left something for you, at your door step. It may well have to do with the fact that we live in a small rural villiage, it´s custom to share with others, friends, family and neighbours. At this time of the year, when the harvest is in full swing, it could be figs, or pumpkins or grapes. My aunt Eva, sent me these grapes, over at their vineyard, they are busy picking grapes, to make their wine. This little basket was plenty, for me to make, seven little jars of jam.

The method I used, was the same as this Loquat Jam. It is how I make all my jams.



separate the grapes, they go into a pot, with equal amounts of sugar; I had 4 cups of grapes, I used 4 cups sugar

after the first boil, I use my emersion (moulinex) blender, to blitz evrything up, I then pour everyting through a seive

this mixture, goes back into the pot, and boils till it's ready ( I test on a little cold dish)

it's now ready to poor into hot jars

7 little jars :)



xo,Diana

Comments

  1. É um privilégio morar onde moramos não é verdade? Imagina fazer uma coisa dessas numa cidade grande :)A tua tia poderia ter deixado o cesto com o porteiro do prédio, mas não era a mesma coisa, pois não? Deste-lhe um excelente uso. Um beijinho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uma optima sugestão Diana, nunca fiz assim mas adorei,

    obrigado por partilhar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, nunca fiz geleia gosto mais de doce, mas hoje a minha mãe deu-me um pratinho com uvas brancas que lhe ofereceram. Por isso acho que ainda hoje vou fazer doce de uva! Depois mostro.
    A tua geleia deve ser uma delícia, parabens.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  4. è um privilegio morar num meio pequeno.Eu tb moro e de vez em quando lá apareceu umas laranjas, umas maçãs...

    Deste um uso delicioso nas uvas...

    Bjoka
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obrigada amigas, é sim um prazer viver aqui, estou cada vez mais apaixonda pelo este cantinho a beira mar. Acho que o ponto ficou bom, quando, abrir um frasco, tiro uma foto :) Jinhos Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mais uma fotografia interessante, a primeira, do cesto com as uvas. Para a próxima dispara na vertical para apanhar o cesto completo.
    As uvas propriamente ditas recordam-me um dos pratos que mais aprecio em Setembro: chicharros fritos acompanhados com uvas "de cheiro" e pão-de-milho.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie