Pumpkin Pie

“Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.”-Jim Davis ...

I have made this same pumpkin pie for so very long, the recipe came from the back of a can of condensed milk. It has become one of my families favorites, last year I decided I would make a pumpkin cheese cake instead of pie, my oldest son was so upset. This year while preparing for our thanksgiving meal, he asked me to please not change dessert, and just make a yummy pumpkin pie......so I did. I made my own pie crust, but, if you like, you can use a store bought one. I hope this becomes a favorite around your table too.



Pumpkin Pie    (Eaglebrand recipe)

Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin  or 2 cups cooked pumpkin
1  can  Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust or a homemade crust

Directions
Preheat oven to 220/ 425 degrees F.
Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
Pour into crust.
Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to  180/350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
Cool.
Garnish as desired.
Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.


xo,Diana

Comments

  1. Diana,
    It's such an easy recipe that i'll keep it and will try it someday.

    Kisses,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie