Calamari~ 2 Ways

Calamari, or squid, again one of those dishes that has a name, that gets, a bit lost in translation when said in english  ( and may even cause some to turn green in the face ). Call it what ever you like, at our home we love it.......well .......it is eaten by the family, in two different ways, because my pesky children, don't care for the tentacles. So, with the tentacles, I make a calamari salad, which hubby adores, and with the rings, I make fried calamari. That way I get more work, and everyone is happy at meal time !

the humble squid........these are already cleaned

the tentacles I put to one side, and I slice the rest into rings

a bowl for the tentacles



bring some water to a boil

pour over the tentacles, and cover with a plate, wait 10 minutes
strain the tentacles, and return to the warm bowl

drizzle with this DRESSING !
now for the calamari rings, strain them, just to remove excess water

this is what I use for the coating.......but I do not add LIQUID
inside are 2 pouches, I use 1 for each bag of clean squid, for my family I buy 2 bags of clean squid, so I use the 2 pouches

add the mix,  DO NOT ADD WATER...and season to your liking, I use black pepper
give everything a lite mixing  (use your hands), they are ready for the deep fryer
Calamari Salad

Fried Calamari


Enjoy,

xo. Diana

Comments

  1. Apreciei tanto uma forma como a outra. I'm addicted to squid.
    As tuas crianças também devem ter delirado!
    Bj
    Patrícia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obrigada Patrícia, eles ficar todos felizes, e o meu marido tambem !!!!!!!!!! Bjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, eu fico com a primeira opção, dos tentáculos com batata,lol faz mais o meu género.
    Adorei tudo muito apetitoso.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoro a versão calamares Diana bem regadinhos com limão hummmm

    beijinhos e tem uma optima Terça-feira!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie