Stuffed Potimarron

Stuffed what ????? Potimarron is a very popular winter squash, its name in french listen up class is a contraction from potiron (squash), plus marron(chestnut), which means a chestnut flavoured squash. I bought these at the organic farmers market. I loved how they looked, their bright red color, and let´s face it was drawn to them because they look like minature pumpkins. So after I brought them home, I had to figure out, what to to with them. I searched online, and found many versions for stuffing them. So this my friends is my version of stuffed potimarron. It was fantastic, they have such a wonderful flavor and texture. I served them with some roasted pork tenderloin. As for measurements, there aren´t really any, it kind of depends on how many you decide to stuff. I hope you give them a try.


ingredients, squash, flavored croutons, whipping cream, and cheese ( I chose Gruyère)

cut tops off of the squash (and maybe from the bottoms so they sit well) remove the seeds, and salt and pepper the squash

grate up the cheese

place a layer of croutons

then a layer of cheese

repeat as many layers as possible, then fill up with the cream

cover it all up with some more cheese

bake @180/350º for about 45 minutes



Stuffed Potimarron

4 Pottimarron
1 bag of flavored croutons
2 cartons whipping cream
grated cheese ( 1 bag, or grate your own) I used Gruyère
salt, pepper to taste ( I think sage & nutmeg would be wondeful too)

Cut tops ( and some off the bottoms) of the potimarron.
Scoop out the seeds, and stringy insides.
Place in a baking dish ( I layered my dish with baking paper)
Lightly rub some olive oil on the skins.
Season the insides of the squash.
Next layer with, croutons, and cheese.
Fill the shells with the cream.
And cover with more cheese.
Bake in a 180/350º oven for about 45 minutes.

****all of these measurements will change according to how many you decide to stuff****



xo,Diana

Comments

  1. That looks delicious! When you say the organic farmers market, are you referring to Biofontinhas? Or is there another one? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ohhh my....Looking so, so good!!!

    Kises,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks so good- will have to look for that squash! And where in Continente do you find those croutons; I've never seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pumpkins are really tempting and so halloween like, in cooking terms, of course. I'm missing halloween already. We are almost there!Luckily!
    Patrícia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie