Salmon and Spinach Tarts

With the holidays quickly approaching, I think this wonderful 4 ingredient recipe, is perfect for entertaining.
I made them this morning, to give them a test run, it took about 30 minutes to put together, and my hubby offical taste tester, said they were great. I loved them too, and the fact that all the ingredients, you can have on hand, is great, for any surprise visitors.











Salmon and Spinach Tarts  from here

Ingredients
375g pack fresh ready-rolled puff pastry
150g young leaf spinach  ( I used frozen, thawed)
200g tub light cream cheese ( I used flavored regular cream cheese)
100g smoked salmon

 How to make salmon and cream cheese tarts
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Unroll puff pastry, cut into 2 x 15cm circles(I cut into squares) and place on a baking sheet. Prick the pastry several times and bake for 8 minutes, until risen and golden.

2. Meanwhile, put spinach in a colander, pour over boiling water to wilt, then refresh under cold running water. Squeeze out the excess liquid. (I just used the thawed spinach, straight away)

3. In a bowl, mix cream cheese until smooth, add smoked salmon, cut into strips, and the spinach. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and mix together.

4. Spread evenly over each cooked pastry base, leaving a small border all around. Return to the oven for a further 5-7 minutes, until the topping is piping hot.

Comments

  1. Hello Diana,

    I follow your blog since about one month now. I have done your cranberries and white chocolate muffins 4 times and everyone loves them here!
    I also tried the almond, chocolate peat tart and we also loved it.
    Now I will try this recipe; it looks delicious!
    Thanks for sharing, Louise from Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie