Coconut Macaroons

Things are starting to get real busy around here, with the Christmas rush. That can happen when you have 3 kiddos, everything seems to be drawing to an end, and that means school christmas parties, sunday school christmas parties, teachers gifts, and I also had a brilliant idea to organize a Christmas Market, in our Village, the first one what the heck was I thinking ;) more on that in a couple of days. Truth is I am doing alot of baking, but it's almost like, mass production, and not at a pace where, I can stop and take photos. So these macaroons are from, my Facebook, where I use to post recipes before having, this wonderful little nook. The macaroons all by them selves are wonderful, but it's like they say " go big, or go home" so I dipped them in chocolate. Hope you give them a try.








Coconut Macaroons


Ingredients
  • 1  can Condensed Milk
  • 1 egg white, whipped
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
  • 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut (6 cups)

 

Directions
  1. Preheat oven  165º/325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with foil; grease and flour foil. ( I use parchment paper instead) Set aside.
  2. In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, extracts and coconut; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets; slightly flatten each mound with a spoon.
  3. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets (macaroons will stick if allowed to cool); cool on wire racks. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
xo,Diana

Comments

  1. Oh Diana,
    what a temptation!!!!
    Wish I had one of those sweets right now!!!!
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie