White Chocolate~Cranberry Bread Pudding

Hey, I saw that ! You wrinkled your nose when you read bread pudding ! This however is not your grandmother's bread pudding. Trust Me ! I had friends coming over for coffee yesterday, and I wanted to bake something for our breakfast. My go to dish is pancakes, ( they love my pancakes), but there was no electricity yesterday ( yes you read that correctly, the drawback of living on an island...whole other story ), so I could not use my griddle. Now luck would have it that the gods in my pantry provided me with all the ingredients to make this lovely dish. The only thing I added to the original recipe, was the grated orange zest. Orange and cranberries just go really well together,the perfect combo. This got rave reviews from the ladies, and was a sweet start to our day. I hope you give it a try !








16 slices bread, crusts removed, cubed
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
6 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cups  milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground Ground Cinnamon

grated peel of one orange ( my addition)


In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread
cubes, cranberries, vanilla chips. Repeat layers.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla,
cinnamon  until blended; pour over bread mixture.
 Let stand for 15-30 minutes.

 Bake, uncovered, at 180 for 55-65

minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cover loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if top browns too
quickly.



Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving


adapted from here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie