Cheddar Cheese & Jalapeno Beer Bread

Cheese, jalapenos and beer in a bread !! What ?? Seriously those ingredients alone had me convinced this would be really good. That and the fact that I still have tons of jalapenos, which Mr. G keeps nagging reminding me to use up ! So I got to it, and found this recipe on the magical world of Pinterest. You know the place, don´t pretend you don't! This bread,it's a keeper, its sitting on my kitchen counter right now, just took it out of the oven. It smells wonderful, and tastes ( I know because I ate a big warm slice of it...I had to taste test it for you) even better. It's best to eat it all the day you bake it, that won't be hard, because it's a quick bread, it will not be as lovely the day after. So go on..go try it !







3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 whole jalapenos, finely chopped (seeds removed)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
12/ oz (355ml) bottle/can beer

3 Tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the chopped jalapenos and cheddar cheese. Pour in the beer into the mixing bowl and mix until blended.

Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Pour the melted butter over the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove the bread from the pan and cool for another 10 minutes.
 
**** you could certainly change up the cheese, and the peppers

source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie