Chicken Divan

Out of the blue, I got the biggest craving for Chicken Divan..weird..or nostalgic, since I just turned 40 ! The last time I ate Chicken Divan, I was a shop girl, and worked in a very frou-frou boutique, in the mall. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the bistro, where I would have this for dinner. I do however remember  that it was really good, so good, that 20 years later I can still taste it. I made it this weekend, adapitng what ingredients I can buy here, to loosely follow this Paula Deen recipe. It was amazing, my husband, asked why I had never made it before, and the kids loved it ! Adjust the curry powder to your liking, omit it if need be, but it really gives it such wonderful flavor. I really hope you give this a try !







2 400g bags of frozen broccoli, cooked and chopped
2 whole chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 box of bechamel (500ml)
1 cup mayonnaise
1200g bag grated  Ilha cheese
1 tablespoon  lemon juice
3 teaspoons curry powder
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup  white wine

1 cup soft bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 180/ 350 degrees F.

 Drain the cooked broccoli and put into a bowl. Add the chopped/ shredded chicken.

In a medium bowl, combine the bechamel, mayonnaise, Cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce.
 Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.

Place the mixture into a 13x9 casserole dish, that has been buttered. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.

Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

Serve with rice and a salad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie