Crepes for Dinner

I made these for dinner Sunday night. It was out of desperation ( hence no step~by~step pictures).....you know what I mean...it's almost dinner time, tummies are growling...and you have no clue what to make. These little beauties popped into my head, I have had this recipe for a very long time, it was ripped out shame on me of a magazine, while waiting in a doctor´s office. I don´t know which is worse, the fact that I ripped it out of a magazine, or the fact that I was maybe 12, when I did this. Seriously what 12 year old needs a recipe for crepes, I laugh everytime I think about it, I swear I thought everyone in that waitng room was staring at me. All I have to say is that I am glad I did, it is a great recipe, very easy to make, and you can either make them sweet or savory.  As for fillings, shoot for the moon, you can pretty much fill them with what you like. Popular at our house , is honey and cream cheese, or strawberry jam....over course sprinkled with icing sugar.






Basic Crepes


1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
**For dinner crepes, add 1/4 teaspoon salt. For dessert crepes, add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon sugar instead of salt.
Directions

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. If desired, flavor batter.( you could also use an emersion hand blender)

2. Heat a lightly greased 6- or 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter into center of skillet (use 3 tablespoons batter for an 8-inch skillet). Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter and coat bottom of pan. Return to heat. Cook for 1 minute or until light brown. Turn with a spatula, and cook second side for 30 seconds.

3. Slide finished crepes onto paper towels. For filled crepes, spoon filling into center; roll or fold crepe while still in the pan; slide carefully onto plate. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet and stirring batter if needed.
 Makes about 12 (8-inch) or 16 ( 6-inch) crepes.

notes:  ~I find the best thing to use, is a cooking spray......butter tends to burn, when greasing the pan.
            ~ If you can buy a crepe pan, like a frying pan/skillet, but it has no sides, just a little rim...... I just bought one at De Borlas, for 4.99 €

xo, Diana

Comments

  1. Com manteiga e açúcar também ficam fantásticos!! Ou com maple syrup...Também bons para wraps, ou para gratinar no forno...Ou seja , bons com quase tudo!! Adooooro crepes, como se nota ;))
    Bj
    Ana Bárbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar on my crepes. It tasts delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie