Soapbox.....


So I am getting on my soapbox, cover your ears if you don't want to listen. I am a stay at home home mom, it's something my husband and I decided we wanted for our family. We make sacrifices, so that this is possible. It really bothers me when someone says " oh, must be nice to stay home, your so lucky,I would love to stay home,but we can't afford it !". Really you can't afford it, you seem to be able to afford going out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You seem to have no problem affording your coffee habit. You also seem to be able to afford, your mani-pedi habit. And lets not forget all your useless purchases you make during the week , you know the cute outfits you feel your kid needs, so they can look cute. And of course your blackberry/Iphone habit you also have, you seem to be able to afford that as well. The car you drive, you know your posh mommy SUV, you also seem to be able to afford that. Funny how the list just goes on and on, and you still claim you can't afford it.
If you weren't so busy keeping up with the Joneses, you might be able to stay home, the real question is do you WANT to stay home. If you did, you would make it work. So no, I am not lucky, but I am blessed. We have made choices, so that I can stay at home, and be a housewife and mother. And if that means coloring my own hair, doing my own nails, my husband brown bagging lunch, and buying less STUFF, than that's what we will keep on doing, so I can AFFORD to stay home.

Comments

  1. oooo- I can so totally relate! Luck has nothing to do with this choice - you said it well, my friend! Thanks
    God bless
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totaly agree with your thoughts. I would love to go back to where I was born with kids that never saw it, but there are other things more pressing. Lots of loves.

    This Frank using Karen's account

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
    Thomas Jefferson

    thanks for the lovely comments, love and miss you both , xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie