Blackbird....







These little guys, are one of my absolute favorites. One little glimpse of them, outside my kitchen window, and I am stopped in my tracks. I adore them, I love the delightful song they sing early evening. I love how they busily parade around our front yard, searching for food. And there is nothing I love more then to watch them bathing in the old stone water troughs, we have. This past summer we were graced with a blackbird nest in one of our fig trees. Three perfect blue eggs in a masterful little nest. I have read that, if the nest remains in the same place, the blackbird will come lay her eggs once again. We left the nest alone, hopefully they will come back. Spring can't be far, when from high above his perch, the male blackbird starts to sing his song. He sings for the female bird. You see blackbirds don't care about a perfect face or body. Female blackbirds listen to the song of a blackbird. They listen to what the male has to say to them, and then fall in love. We obviously have a lot to learn from birds.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie