Celebration.....

Can you believe it´s friday again ?! I am excited about tonight, we are having a family reunion.  We all live pretty darn close to each other, but life seems to sometimes get in the way, and we don't always see each other. So why today, why now? Well truth be told there are two reasons, the first is that lately, we only meet up at funerals and wakes, sad but true. The second reason, is that, this past week marked the passing of my paternal grandfather, Candido Gilberto Pereira,  he has been gone now 15 years. He was a wonderful man.  Someone who very early on in life, learned the hard way that things do not always come easy, but they do come with hard work. He was a fantastic father, a very loving husband, and the best grandfather you could ask for. He worked very hard, his whole life, and he always had a vision, he always looked to the future. The very land where our home is built on, was his. I remember coming out to these fields, with him, and he would stop and gaze at all that was his, and say, one day all my grandchildren will build homes here. I like to think he is proud, that I live here, and that our home is on his land. So tonight I want to celebrate the wonderful, person he was. I miss him dearly, but know we will meet up again one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie