The Sound of Silence....

Let us be silent, that we may hear the whispers of the gods. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson














Yesterday, we went on an adventure, got in the car and drove up to Lagoa das Patas. It was oh so lovely up there.....so quiet....so silent...so peaceful. Dare I say it, heaven on earth. The island is gorgeous right now, very lush and green, and the road sides dabbled in white, pink, purple and blue as the hydrangeas are now in full bloom. After Lagoa das Patas, we headed over to Monte Brasil, for a picnic. Although I have visted both of these places, over and over again, it never cease to amaze me, how beautiful they are, and  how special the island is to me, sort of like falling in love all over again. As I posted these pictures today, it suddenly dawned on me...I have now been living here 15 years. I missed the date somehow... July 2nd 1997,  the offical day of my arrival, the start, of what has been a wonderful adventure, my life on an island.

xo, Diana

Comments

  1. oh what memories these pictures bring!

    miss you all

    hugs and kisses to everyone
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindas fotos, fantásticas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I put pics from Duck Lake on my blog 2 or 3 years ago- we haven't even been there yet this summer! We must do so; I love all the hydrangeas. Very nice photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie