Hot Toddy

  I have been feeling under the weather, I believe it's the flu. My sweet uncle Alberto, swears by this concoction. He is almost 80, God bless him, and he has this drink in the evening, even when he doesn´t have the flu. So I figured I had nothing to loose. I prepared it just before, going to bed. Well let me say that I was out like a rock, all night long,  I slept for almost 14 hours ! Now I can´t say it has cured my cold, but it sure as heck, hasn't made it worse. 



Hot Toddy

2 ounces Whiskey ( I used Rum)
2 tablespoons honey
some lemon peel
1 cinnamon stick
boiling water

Place the whiskey, lemon peels, honey and cinnamon stick in a mug, and pour the boiling water over, to fill to the top of the mug.

* you can add everything to taste, want more whiskey, go for it......like more honey add some more.  you can also add other spices, cloves, nutmeg, aniseed etc. This is your little magical potion, prepare it however you like it.

xo, Diana





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie