Tamarillo Jam

I have mentioned before, that in the countryside, it is very common to have someone drop in, and give you produce from their garden. Our wonderful neighbor Antonio, stopped in the other day, and gifted me with these beautiful Tamarillo's. So what the heck is a Tamarillo, the fruit grows in clusters on trees like cherries. It's also known as the tomato tree. The flesh of the tamarillo is tangy and mildly sweet, and may be compared to kiwifruit, tomato, or passion fruit. I of course, made some jam with these lovely little fruits. Once again using this method.








xo,Diana

Comments

  1. One of my father in law neighbours has one tree of tamarillo and the fruit is beautifull..i have a promise that some fruit will arrive someday so i now have a nice way to use it!

    Kisses,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nunca provei este fruto, acreditas? É bem bonito. Tu estás imparável com as compotas! A última que fiz foi a de figo, já lá vão mais de 2 meses. Shame on me :( Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isso tem sido um tal encher frasquinhos! Estão lindos. Dão belíssimas prendas de Natal. Ou é para a Feira do Porto Martins? :)

    P.S.: Adoro os teus carimbos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I follow your method and pictures - you left the skin on....
    ? This is the first recipe I've ever seen like this, and having taste-tested the skin today I'm amazed if the bitterness would disappear during cooking....
    Does it really?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie