A real job.....


A couple of days ago, someone visiting our home, asked my 8 year old daughter a question. They asked her " so what do you want to be when you grow up ?". My daughter replied quickly " a mother!" The person asking, just about gasped, and said " no, you need to pick a real job " My heart started to beat really fast, and I could feel my blood boil, just before I said something, my sweet daughter responded : "that is a job, my mother's job, she is very busy all day long, taking care of us ". Well, how do you like them apples, the person asking was left speechless. I then decided to chime in. I said that, being a mother is a real job , I take what I do just as seriously, as any other job I had before I had children, and consider it to be the most important thing I have ever done. This guest in our home, quickly added "what I meant, was , you know a paying job." Obviously, not having understood I thing I had said, I responded " oh it is a paying job, you see I get paid in hugs and kisses, and that to me is worth so much more, than any paycheck I ever earned before!"

Comments

  1. ooo - what a wonderful aspiration for your daughter! And what a gracious response from you!
    You are totally spot-on, as usual, my friend, the pay is great!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie