Laundry on the lines......


Happy Monday everyone ! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend ! Today we woke up to a beautiful sunny day on the island. Seeing as the sun was out, I took the sheets off of the beds and washed them, so I could hang them on the lines. It's always quiet, and peaceful when I carry my laundry basket outside. I have to say it's when I do my best thinking, and praying, helps me clear out my mind. It's also when I usually get to take a look around the gardens, and see whats going on. I suppose when my grandmothers, and their mothers before them did laundry, perhaps it was a chore, hard work. Hand washing everything, putting everything out on the lines, hoping it would all dry, so they could dress their children with the one or two pair of pants they had. My children today could probably go a whole month, if not longer before they ran out of clothes to wear. My machine, does the washing for me, and when ever the sun doesn't come out, I stick everything in the dryer, not so much of a chore anymore. So when the sun does come out, I love the simplicity of hanging clothes out on the line, and it's green, not harmful to the earth, and well it just makes me happy. The best of all, has got to be when the sheets are finally on the beds, they are crisp, and smell of sunshine and just feel really nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie