Peanut Butter Hummus

Yes you read that correctly....Peanut Butter~hummus. This little gem, is really good, and the fact that it does not require tahini, makes it a keeper. You see on, my little island, tahini, is no where to be found, in my grocery store, so I can never make hummus, sad but true. However, peanut butter is not a problem, that is available here, so when I saw this recipe, over on Miss i never tie my hair,I like to lick my fingers, and eat in bed, Nigella Lawson site, I was intrigued. I am so glad I gave it a try.....it makes me want to lick my fingers and eat it in bed, it's a great appettizer, and even a fantastic after school snack, my kiddos loved it. It does however, make enough to feed an army, if I were just making it for us, I would halve the recipe. So don´t be afraid, go ahead and make some, I promise you will like it.










Peanut Butter Hummus  (ala' Nigella)

2 cans (400g) chickpeas ~DRAINED
1 garlic clove peeled
5 tablespoons olive oil
6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons sea salt flakes or 1 tsp. table
2 teaspoons ground cumin
4 tablespoons  greek yogurt ( 1 small yogurt)

to serve
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)

crackers, pita, bread sticks, chips etc


  1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Put the garlic clove, chickpeas, 5 tablespoons oil, peanut butter, lemon juice, salt and cumin into a food processor and blitz to a purée.
  2. Add 4 tablespoons of the Greek yogurt and process again; if the hummus is still very thick add another 1–2 tablespoons yogurt and the same of oil.
  3. Taste for seasoning, adding more lemon juice and salt if you feel it needs it.
  4. On serving, mix the chopped peanuts with the paprika and sprinkle on top if using
xo, Diana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie