Lisbon Getaway

Last week, the fantastic Mr.G and I went on a mini vacation! Well truth be told, hubby went for work purposes and I got to tag along. Every so often he goes to Lisbon for his company, and I never had the chance to go, because the "littles" were small, or in school, or in diapers and let´s face it, getting someone to watch your three children, while you go galavanting is not easy. It is somewhat similar to dropping off a basket of kitten´s at their doorstep, and running away. Kitten's are cute, but alot of work. So many times, I stayed behind, while Mr. G got to fly away for a couple of days. It always left me sad and a little bit jealous of him, his job sent him places, my "job" never sent me anywhere! I have always heard it said that  good things come to those who wait, well I believe it, I am living it now. The "littles" are not so little anymore, they have grown so much. They are my biggest supporters, when these trips arise, "mommy you have to go..you deserve it" "we are going to be fine mommy". With their blessing and the help of some wonderful friends, who watch them for us, I now get to join hubby on his trips. This last getaway, was by far one of the greatest, we had the most wonderful time. We enjoyed five days all to ourselves, no homework..no carpool..no cooking..no disney channel...JUST US ! We flew first class, slept in, ate out for lunch and dinner, went to the movies, shopped and I ate sushi everyday! I loved every minute of it, I even had  two days just for ME, while hubby attended to work. Imagine that, me alone in a hotel room all to myself, and a beautiful city a doorstep away! The best thing of all, was feeling we deserved this time away together, and not feeling guilty or being apologetic for it. As parents we always put our children first, and ourselves, third, fourth or even last on the list. This time we put ourselves first on the list...and you know what...it was amazing...and the earth didn't fall off it's axis...and the kids they were just fine.


















Comments

  1. oh my friend - you SO deserve it - your children are so smart!
    I am glad you had a great time - I miss you
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Canja de Galinha