Ham & Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf

This is the first meal I made when Mr.G and I returned from our mini vacation. Now, even though eating out everyday with hubby was fantastic, I truly did miss my kitchen and cooking for my family. With that said, the cleaning up, that, I didn't miss so much ! I used my regular meatloaf recipe, flattened it out, layered some cheese and ham on it, rolled it up jelly roll style, and baked it. Very simple, but really good , the kid's loved it !





Ingredients
1 kilo/2 lb. lean ground beef/pork
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix for Chicken ( I use 2 bags of croutons, because we don't have this here)
1 cup water
2 eggs beaten
salt and pepper to taste
equal parts brown sugar and ketchup

slices of ham and mozzarela cheese ( use any kind you like)


Heat oven to  190º/375*

Place meat, stuffing mix (or croutons), water,  and eggs  in bowl.

Mix with fingers just until blended thoroughly, add salt and pepper if needed .


Pat the meat mixture out onto a piece of waxed paper***, and flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Lay slices of ham onto the flattened meat, and top with slices of cheese. Pick up the edge of the waxed paper to roll the flattened meat up into a log. Remove waxed paper, seal the ends and seam, and place the loaf  into a 13x9-inch baking dish.; TOP with ketcup and brown sugar sauce. Bake 1 hour or until done


*** use a cookie sheet with sides, line with wax paper, pat in the meat mixture, then layer ham and cheese, and roll up like a jelly roll..I like to roll up the longer side, instead fo the short side.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Canja de Galinha