Hummus

  I love hummus, but I have never made it, because the one ingredient I was always missing was tahini (ground sesame seed paste). Well, I bought  some while I was in Lisbon, and now can make it when ever I want. Hummus is healthy, yummy, and it can be a meal a snack or an appetizer. I could eat it up with a spoon (maybe I do??), there are so many ways to eat it. It’s fantastic on wraps, sandwiches, salads, or with some fresh veggies.  Hummus requires very few ingredients and takes only minutes to make. This simple hummus recipe is so good, you'll want to eat it every day.




1  large can (15.5 ounces) of chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and reserve the liquid

3 cloves garlic, minced

2 Tbs lemon

2 Tbs tahini

salt to taste

2 Tbs olive oil

paprika to garnish


Drain chickpeas and set aside the liquid from the can.
Put chickpeas, about 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and tahini into the blender.  Blend on a low setting until smooth.  If you want it smoother add a little more liquid (either lemon juice or chickpea liquid).
Put it in a serving plate or bowl.  Create a well going around, and drizzle some olive oil into the well.  Garnish with paprika.  Other garnish ideas parsley or olives.  Serve with veggies or your favorite pita bread.



Comments

  1. Adoro hummus. O teu está com uma cor fantástica! Sabes o que fiz pela primeira vez e também é muito bom? Baba ganoush. Experimenta. Uma delícia.

    Beijos,

    Ilídia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Canja de Galinha