Enjoying Summer

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.  ~John Lubbock


What a perfect quote to describe summer, around our house we have been doing our best to enjoy it ! It goes by so quickly, so best to enjoy it with the most simple things, simple pleasures really ! I  look forward to this time of the year, to enjoy our backyard and the outdoors.When the days are long and hot,  and there is nothing like doing absolutely nothing at all. Lets face it, I enjoy sleeping in, and not having to have everyone on a schedule. I enjoy sleeping at night with the windows open, listening to the ocean, the frogs and the crickets. I enjoy the wonderful sea breeze that invades our house during the day. I enjoy sitting out at night, and lighting a bonfire, so the kids can roast marshmallows. I enjoy nice cold drinks. Swimming daytime or nightime. Our bountiful vegetable garden, and how lovely it is to eat , things we have only picked minutes before. Late night dinner dates on the patio with Mr. G.  So many simple things. My heart sank a little yesterday when I realized, it's the middle of July already, September and it's crisp nights will be here before we know it.  Before that happens, we are going to do our best to enjoy every last lazy minute of summer ! Hope you are enjoying your summer too !












Comments

  1. Hello there! I just found your blog looking for loquat recipes, and am so delighted to see you're from the Azores! My family is also from the Azores, and we've just traced our ancestry back to the 1700s! I'd love to chat more with you sometime. :)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hello Holly :) It's lovely to meet you !~~Diana

      Delete
    2. You too! Any chance you are on Facebook? Here's me if you want to connect there: https://www.facebook.com/hexkitten

      I will be following your culinary (and otherwise) adventures regularly now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie