Penne with Tomato, Basil and Olives

                                     
 "Necessity is the mother of invention"

This certainly was true today, I had no clue what to make for lunch. No clue..... and had not gone grocery shopping over the weekend. So searching I went, in the cupboard I found some penne ( we always have pasta ), next I raided the fridge. Eureeka, half a jar of olives, half a jar of sun-dried tomatoes, and you guessed it, half a bag of basil !. I cooked the pasta, in salted water, then drained it. Then added in, the olives, the fresh basil , and the tomatoes, chopped. Added a great big glug of olive oil, and some minced garlic, and tossed it all together. It was delicious, and the best part, I used up ingredients I had in the house. That's kind of cool ..right ??
 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie