Peanut Sesame Noodles for One

 After four months of sharing the house with the kiddos, and Mr.G on his vacation....I finally have the house to myself! Ok, Luna and I have the house to ourselves. So what did I do with a whole day left to my own devices, I would like to say it was super exciting, but it really wasn't. First part of the day. I cleaned...yup you read that correctly..I cleaned. I broke out the black garbage bags, and the bleach, I had to reclaim this place, it was looking a bit nomadic, nothing in it's right place. Feeling quite proud and accomplished with my cleaning session, I felt I was entitled to a fun afternoon. Are you ready to here about my fun ?? Brace yourselves, I binge watched what I could cram into to rest of the afternoon, while having the television all to myself, before the first kid got of the bus! Oh it was glorious, and all while enjoying a big bowl of peanut sesame noodles! Now if you don't think that's a perfect day, I will have you know, that these noodles are. They are a bowl of yumminess, so easy to make, and satisfying. I promise, give them a try the next time, you get the whole house to yourself.




 1 serving of dried noodles of your choice
½ tablespoon sesame paste / tahini
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon  soy sauce
1-2 teaspoons rice vinegar (optional to taste)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon sugar
5 tablespoons hot water
A small handful of chopped scallion
Chili oil (optional) I used chili flakes


Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
While the noodles are cooking, make the sauce by mixing together the sesame paste, peanut butter, light soy sauce, rice vinegar (optional), vegetable oil, sugar, and water. Stir in one direction until it turns into a smooth, even paste.
Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and toss with the prepared sauce, chopped scallions, and chili oil/ chili flakes if using.


- I topped mine with some chopped peanuts, and a splash of sesame oil

recipe source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie