7-Up Lemon Cake

Everytime, I make this cake, I get asked for the recipe ! I don´t know why it has taken me so long to share it on here. It is a wonderful, easy cake!! It has a light lemon flavor and isoh so very moist. I like to add the poppy seeds, but of course that is optional. Want to make it even more "lemony" add some grated lemon peel. Be warned, it will disappear quickly. It is great with coffee...and fantastic with a tall cold glass of milk...I promise !










1 package white or yellow cake mix
1 small package  Jello  lemon pudding
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup 7 Up
1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)

 *grease and flour a cake pan

In the bowl, add the cake mix,  instant lemon pudding, eggs, vegetable oil and 7 Up.  Beat for three minutes on medium speed.

Bake in a 180/350 degree oven for 45,  or until cake tests done with a toothpick.  Cool in pan 10 minutes and flip onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Lemon Glaze

2 cups confectioner's sugar
4 Tablespoons lemon juice


Mix together and drizzle over cooled cake.


**you can use sprite
*** vanilla pudding can be used + grated lemon peel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie