Ricotta & Spring Onion Spread

When ever, my girlfriends and I get together, to chit-chat, there is always  wine food. Whether its for lunch or dinner, there is always appetizers. One of our favorites hands down is this one, always made by my dear Ilidia. It is very addictive, and very easy to put together. I love the fresh flavor, and that it is light. Ilidia's version, is rolled into logs, and almond crusted, oh so very good ! I made mine, as a creamy spread, and left out the almonds. I also kinda, sorta, eye balled everything...which makes sense, since everyone will prefer different amounts of spring onion, and salt and pepper. Instead of spring onions, you might use basil, or mint, or chives, the mild flavor of the ricotta, will combine well, with any given combination. I happened to use an american ricotta, but on the island we can easily find, italian ricotta, and of course portuguese requeijão. Serve with crackers, or bread, I think it would even be great in a sandwich, or a top a burger. Seriously it delicious !








Ingredients:

4 cups ricotta cheese
3 - 4 thinly sliced spring onions, white and green parts
salt
freshly ground black pepper




Combine the ricotta, spring onions,  1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Serve with crackers, or bread.

*adjust salt and pepper..and the spring onions, to your taste

*try other herbs

xo, Diana

Comments

  1. Esta versão também me parece deliciosa. E ainda mais económica e light, sem as amêndoas. O que me agrada nesta receita é precisamente o facto de podermos ir mudando as ervas, ao sabor do momento. Esta nunca pode faltar nos nossos encontros ;)
    Beijos,
    Ilídia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie