Pumpkin Puree


I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.                         ~Henry David Thoreau 

I was a lucky girl, and was gifted these wonderful pumpkins, from my cousin's garden !




 Preparing pureed pumpkin is oh so very easy. The pumpkin may be stored in the freezer for using later in pies, muffins,soup etc.





Preheat oven to 165 / 325 degrees.
Cut the pumpkin in half, stem to base. Remove seeds and pulp. Cover each half with foil.
Bake in the preheated oven, foil side up, 1 hour, or until tender.
Scrape pumpkin meat from shell halves and puree in a blender. 
Strain to remove any remaining stringy pieces.
 Measure out 1 cup servings.
 Store in the freezer in freezer safe bags or containers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie