The End of Summer.....

I don´t care what the calendar say's, today is the end of summer. My babies are going back to school tomorrow, I am already missing them. We had such a wonderful summer, three months of perfect. Perfect for us anyway, it was quiet, calm, peaceful, happy, and ohhhhh sooo very lazy. Lazy, I think that was my favorite part, no scheduals, no routine, just doing exactly what we wanted to...even if it was nothing.....absolutely nothing. Today, is our last carefree Sunday, for weeks on end now, Monday, had melted in with the rest of the other days. Sometimes even being entirely forgotten, as all the days just seemed to effortlessly mesh into one big happy vacation. Tomorrow morning, this all changes, almost like clock work, Monday will now be known as MONDAY...... life will be hectic and busy again. Routine, and scheduals will commence again for my three monkees, and I.  Once the last bus of the morning, has picked up Simon, the house will grow quiet. QUIET. I have butterflies, and feel like I am going to school, I am nervous for them. Will Tomás thrive this year in grade 8, will Sara adjust to her new school, and Simon, he is all alone this year in our village school house, who will watch him. All these questions, my heart is in my throat, I just want them to stay home, with me, forever. I know that's not possible, and would be very selfish of me, afterall, it's my job to give them wings to fly. They not only belong to me, but also to the big, wild world, that starts, just outside our kitchen door. This morning at breakfast, they noticed I was sad. They asked, if I was sad, because, they are all headed back to school, tomorrow. I replied YES, that I was going to miss them terribly. Sara with all her wisdom of a 10 year old, responded " Mommy, if you love something, you must set it free ". Yes my darlings, and because I do love you..... all very much, I will be setting you free tomorrow.....for a little while anyways......untill the last bus drops, the three of you off at home, and then you are mine again.




xo, Diana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie