Blackberry Jam

Today is the first day of autumn, perhaps my favorite season. I love the cooler weather, I even enjoy that it gets darker out early. I think for me it's even a return to the kitchen, baking, and cooking comfort foods. You  almost feel the need to have foods that are warm and cozy. This is also the time of year, when I do most of my jam making, sadly this year, the fruit pickings are so very slim. Our figs and grapes, this year did not fair well, not only us, but on the whole island. Last year was so bountiful, it resulted in plenty of jars to enjoy during the winter month's. The next best thing is, to purchase frozen fruit, which is the case with these blackberries. One kilo of berries, resulted in about 4 jars of jam, some what costly, but it will still be nice to open up a jar of jam during the winter. The perfect pairing to blackberry jam, has got to be warm bread. So I set to it and baked a loaf, of quick Irish soda bread. It was nice to get back into my kitchen, and it's lovely to be posting again.












Jam recipe  here.

Irish Soda Bread  here.


xo, Diana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie