Tortellini Arugula Salad

This salad is out of this world, such a wonderful combination of great flavors. There are alot of photos, but trust me, it really is easy to put together. I used cranberries, because I smuggled them in from Canada,  had some in my pantry. I think apples or pears would be great in this salad,or even grapes. When you cook your tortellini, it helps to place it in a bowl of ice, this helps stop the cooking, and it won't turn to mush. If you chose not to make the dressing, that would be fine too, and instead just use olive oil and vinegar to taste. I hope you go ahead and give it a try.



















Tortellini Arugula Salad

Ingredients:

1 package cheese tortellini, cooked according to directions, and chilled
1 bag arugula or 2-3 large handfuls
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup walnuts, toasted in a dry pan
1 cup crumbled  goat cheese, shaved Parmesan or feta cheese


Toss all ingredients with Vinaigrette or your favorite salad dressing.  . Serve immediately.

 Vinaigrette

Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons.  balsamic vinegar 
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Tablespoons. Honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil


*combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well

xo,Diana

Comments

  1. Diana - I love your recipes because they're all easy to make, simple but delicious and we can find the ingredients here on the island. I will definitley try this salad. Thanks for sharing all your great recipes!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie