Ricotta Apple Cake

I had some ricotta sitting in the fridge for a little while, that was going to expire soon. So I thought I would search for a sweet recipe that would help me use it up. I found this simple cake, it’s so moist, rich in flavor, and just plain delicious! The ricotta makes it light and delicate, it has a melt-in-your-mouth texture, you will not be able to stop at one slice. Dusted with icing sugar just before serving, it is absolutely beautiful. My family loved it, and I am sure your family will love it too.






8 tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1 cup fresh ricotta (250 grams)
zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 large apple, peeled and grated (should yield about 1 cup)
confectioners sugar for serving

Heat the oven to 180C/ 350F˚. Butter and flour a 9 or 10-inch springform pan.(I like to line the pan with parchment paper)

Cream the butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
On the lowest speed, add the eggs one at a time.

Slowly add the flour, salt, ricotta, lemon zest, baking powder and apple.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and  bake for about 40 minutes (but watch after 30 minutes, the time will depend on the size of your pan and your oven. I used a 9″ pan and it took 45 minutes in my oven), until the cake is golden brown and the sides start to pull away from the pan.

Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out of the pan and cool completely on the rack. Sift powdered sugar over top or serve with fruit or just plain.

Optional: Two extra apples, thinly sliced, place on top of the cake before baking.

recipe from here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie