Fresh Lemonade

We are so very lucky to have our own lemon tree, or at least I think we are. I can´t really explain to you how much joy it brings me, to just be able to wander of into the orchard, and pick an apron full of lemons! Such a simple thing,but really quite joyous for me. Perhaps I am just silly, but it does make me smile. The tree is young, buy has blessed us with so many lemons during the last three years, and once again it is exploding with fruit. So this weekend I decided to make some old-fashioned lemonade. This easy homemade recipe only needs three ingrdients and it's the perfect combination of sweet and tart. Around here the days are getting longer, and warmer,  so summer can't be far now. It will be nice to cool off this summer with a chilled pitcher of freshly squeezed lemonade.







1 3/4 cups white sugar
8 cups water
2 cups lemon juice (8 lemons, depends on the size of them)

Directions

In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water.
Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar.
Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp.
In pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice and remaining 7 cups water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie