Tis' The Season...

 Tis' the season to invite family and friends over for a Christmas lunch or dinner to enjoy good food and wonderful company. This weekend Mr.G and I did exactly that, we hosted our Christmas lunch, and it was fantastic! Lots of story telling, lots of laughter, the kids giggling, the youngest baby peacefully sleeping, oh and lots of glorious food ! I tried to keep the menu simple, while having enough food for 25...yup you read that right, 25 and growing! The mains where turkey and ham, both roasted in our brick oven. I also made a potato and leek soup, and for side dishes, I made, portuguese stuffing, mac & cheese, brown sugar glazed carrots, roasted brussel sprouts, gravy, mashed potatoes, for dessert a Black Forest Pavlova ....and a partridge in a pear tree! Now I know you must be thinking...I thought you said simple... and it was , the hardest thing, heating the brick oven early, to be able to roast the turkey and the ham, and have them done for our 1pm lunch ! Soooooooo, I started a fire in the brick oven at 5:30 am... you know what they say..earlybird gets the worm and such. It was not that bad, I like the quiet, and it give me lots of time to write out the menu and a step by step plan. Yup... I am that person, the list maker. It´s just a nice way to stay organized for a large party. Oh, I set up the night before, the table, linens, cutlery, dishes, even my floral arrangement and candles. it's nice to pace everything out, so you are not rushed the day of the party. That way on the day of your meal, you only worry about the food, and having enough time to doll up, light the candles, put on some music, pour some drinks and most importantly enjoy your meal and your guests. Below is a glimpse of our  Christmas meal and gathering. I want take this time to wish all of you and your families, a blessed & beautiful Christmas.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie