Fragile...

Please be gentle with me, the next few days are always so very cold and grey, and  hard to get through. Please be kind with your words, they have the power to open all my wounds once again. Please don´t be angry with me, if I don't answer the phone, I just need to be alone right now. Please don't ask me not to cry, I need to cry, every tear helps to soothe my pain. Please let me rest, I am tired, it has been such a long journey, and I still have miles to go. Please don't rush me, there is no time frame for grief, I must heal at my own pace.  Please understand, I miss Emma, it's her birthday, and she isn't here with us. Please don't be upset if I go quiet, you see, in my head there is so much noise. Please forgive me if I seem distant, I am lost in my thoughts. Please don´t be frustrated with my sadness, it comes in waves. Like I have been dragged to sea and I just have to keep swimming, and when I can no longer swim, I just have to float, and let the sadness wash over me. Please don't judge me, I am doing the best I can. Please be patient with me, I am fragile and feel like I am going to break. Please just hold my hand, and sit with me in silence while I remember my baby. Please wait for me, I will find my way back, in a couple of days, the clouds will dissappear, and the sun will come back again, it always come's back.


Comments

  1. Bonito texto, querida. Espero que fiques bem depressa.

    Um beijo,

    Ilídia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding your hand right now. In thoughts. In silence. I cannot measure your pain.

    Um abraço.

    Patrícia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie