Deviled Eggs

I know that deviled eggs are a pretty easy thing to make, and that there are a gazillion recipes for them. One more recipe could not possibly hurt...right ? It is a pretty simple straight forward recipe, but it is yummy. I never seem to have any left over when I make them ! So whats so different about these ? I don't use mayonaise to make them, but instead Thousand Island salad dressing. They are great for parties, picnics and even afterschool snack ! Hope you give them a try !






12  hard cooked eggs + 2 extra, just the boiled yolks
2/3 cup thousand island dressing (more or less)
salt and pepper to taste
 Paprika, for garnish (optional)


Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and remove the yolks.  Mash yolks with a fork and add salad dressing, salt, and pepper.

Put the yolk mixture into a plastic zip-top bag and snip the end off one corner.

Pipe the mixture into the whites.

Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.

Cover and chill for at least one hour.

*** I like to use a piping bag with a large tip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie