Shrimp and Avocado Salad

Please tell me I am not the only one dreaming of summer? Anyone ? Sitting out on the patio, the kids in the pool, Mr.G grilling some steaks, and in the garden lots of fresh yumminess growing ! I was craving something fresh with summertime flavors. This salad hit the spot ! It is a super fast and easy meal with no cooking required! It looks and tastes like a million bucks. The creamy richness of avocado pairs perfectly with the sweet flavor of the shrimp. This salad gets a kick from fresh lime juice which gives it plenty of extra tang and the cilantro adds some freshness. I added some jalapenos, only because I had them, next time I would be tempted to add some corn, and maybe some mango. If you are tired of winter, like me, you won't regret making this salad, while your at it make some Margaritas too !








500grams cooked shrimp; chopped
1 medium tomato; diced
2 Avocado; diced
1small red onion; chopped
2 small limes; juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon cilantro; chopped
1 pinch salt & pepper

In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.

In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.

**I did not have tomatoes, so did not use them, I did add 2 jalapenos !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Canja de Galinha