Sardine Paté

Yes, you read that correctly..SARDINE paté ! Don´t be scared, sardines are delicious, and  they are also good for you.This was a big hit at our house, the kids and mr.G really liked it. Served on some crackers, or on some fresh baked bread. It also makes a great sandwich spread, served with lettuce and tomatoes. I bought some really fancy sardines,I believe I was drawn to the beautiful packaging, albeit tasty, I think using regular sardines would result nicely too. I added a couple of things to this original recipe, only based on my tastebuds, but I think it boosted the flavor of the paté. Hope you give it a try !











120 grams sardines (tinned, in oil) (I used 2 cans )
1 teaspoon lemon juice (added more)
57 grams unsalted butter (softened) (I used about 100grams)
fresh parsley (chopped, to taste)
salt (to taste)
white pepper (ground, to taste)

* I added 2 shallots
*I added tabasco sauce, a couple of splashes

Empty the whole contents of the can (fish and oil)into a food processor.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Whizz in the food processor until completely amalgamated and perfectly smooth.
Taste and make adjustments as necessary.
Spoon into serving dishes (ramekins are ideal).
Cover and refrigerate.


original recipe here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie