Microwave Chocolate Cake

I saw that...you wrinkled your nose when you read "microwave". Don´t judge..people...don´t judge. This is a winner, a really yummy and dangerous little cake. Dangerous, because in under 10 minutes you can make yourself, a browniesque (what,,it's a word ) dessert ! I added leftover christmas chocolate to the batter, truffles to be exact. So GOOD ! The original recipe, is for a whole cake, I used ramekins instead, and decreased the time in the microwave. In the original recipe, the microwave was 900 watts, ours is only 700. I am sure if I had paid more attention in math class, there was probably a formula , to figure out how to adjust the temps. vs time. Yeah, I have no clue, just checked it at 5 minutes, and liked it...they cook really quickly..so watch them. I have already decided, next time (there will be a next time) I will add some orange zest to the batter, and perhaps serve them with vanilla ice cream...yes I know I am evil !






Microwave Chocolate Cake


1 cup self raising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
4 egggs
1 cup milk
1 cup cooking oil (butter would be better)

*** chopped chocolate/ candy/ truffles

Mix everything together, and pour/laddle into 5-6 ramekins ( I sprayed mine ).
**** (optional) In the center, place some chocolate...I placed two truffles

Place in the microwave, mine where done in 5 minutes (700 watts)


original recipe(portuguese)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie