September....Turn,Turn,Turn



To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sow; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.





I seriously cannot believe, it is September once again. If I am honest, there have been many signs, it was just around the corner. The nights are much shorter now, and cooler. In the mornings, there is a crispness in the air, a hint of fall with every breath. I have only to look in the vegetable garden, to see signs that our lovely summer is coming to an end, the big , bright orange pumpkins are for sure signs of this.
 Please don´t get me wrong, I do adore September, but we have had such a fun summer, my littles and I. A very, long lazy summer , almost 3 months to be exact. In two weeks time, my babies will be starting school once again, with this returns all the hustle and bustle, lunches, car pools, homework. OHHH and the return of the alarm clock! It went by so fast, even they have noticed it, and commented, how quickly time has gone by.
 I suppose I just want time to slow down, s l o w~ d o w n ~p l e a s e, my babies are growing up way to fast ! Before I know it, they will be graduating, our oldest is already in grade 9, when did that happen?
 September does have some lovely things in store for us, my parents will be visiting soon, and my baby sister and my cutie pie nephew. Perhaps the biggest change September has in store for me, is my birthday ! I will be 40 this month, I am truly excited for this ! Just like summer turning slowly into fall, I too cannot wait to embrace a new season in my life. Turn, Turn, Turn, To every thing there is a season....






Comments

  1. Obrigada Diana pelo seu blog, pela sua sensibilidade, pelas suas palavras que aquecem o coraçao!
    Adoro vir aqui ao seu cantinho... sinto-me como em casa.

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie