Fresh Salsa

This salsa is so easy to make, trust me. It is made with some lovely fresh ingredients, and tastes 1000 times better than anything you buy in a jar. I like my tomatoes peeled, I promise it just takes a couple more minutes, but makes a huge difference. As for the seasonings, play around with it, to your liking, I sometimes add some cumin, or smoked paprika. I really hope you give it a try !





4 large ripe tomatoes (peeled is best)
juice of one lime
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 jalapeño, seeded (optional) roughly chopped ( I like 3)
1/2 small white onion, roughly chopped
1/4 cup cilantro
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper



 Slice the tomatoes into large wedges.
Squeeze the lime juice into a food processor.
Add the garlic, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, spices, and tomatoes.
Process until the vegetables are finely chopped and the mixture is chunky. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. If you prefer more heat, add another jalapeño or more chili powder. Enjoy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie