Ramen Cabbage Salad



DELICIOUS! Sweet, tangy and crisp. A very satisfying salad. So very easy to make, and oh so versatile. Everytime I make this salad, someone always asks for the recipe. It is fantastic for BBQ's and picnics, there is no mayo involved, so no worries about spoilage. You can add in any other veggies and nuts you like. Carrots, snow peas, almonds. Want to make it a complete meal, add in grilled chicken breast, or shrimp. You cannot mess this up. Win, win everytime ! I will be honest I almost always double the dressing, but have left it as a single dose. So as not to scare anyone, adding more dressing will be up to you !











1 small head cabbage or 1 (16 ounce) bags coleslaw mix
3 green onions, sliced diagonally
2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, with seasoning packet
1 small red pepper finely diced

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 packet seasoning mix




Thinly slice the cabbage, add into a large bowl.
Next add in the sliced green onions, and the finely diced red pepper.
Crumble,crush the ramen noodles into the bowl, saving one of the seasoning packets.

In a jar mix the oil, sugar, vinegar, and seasoning packet. Shake really well. I like to use a large measuring cup, and use my emersion blender, to whiz it up.

Pour dressing onto the cabbage, ramen, onions, and peppers. Give everything a great big mix, I use my hands !

Sometimes on top I add some lightly toasted sesame seeds.

It is best to prepare the salad early in the day, or the day before, so all the flavors can blend !



xo, Diana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie