Puff Pastry Apple Rosettes

If you live on love Pinterest like I do, I am sure you have seen these dainty little pastries on there. They really are visually stunning, but even better is they are delicious. A combination of sweet, flakey and crunchy.  The sweetness comes mostly from the apple, making them a nice light dessert.  We thought they were best eaten warm , out of the oven, although they were still lovely at room temperature. Don’t be scared to bake these, they are really easy to make, I promise, pinky swear.











1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
½ lemon lemon juice
3 red apples, cored and sliced very thin ( I used pink lady)
 appricot/peach preserves ( I used fig)
cinnamon
powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 375º// 190c
Spray muffin 6 muffin tins with cooking spray.
Fill a medium bowl with water and squeeze the juice of ½ lemon into the water.
Cut the apples in half and core. Slice very thin with a mandolin or knife. Put into lemon water and microwave for 3 minutes until apples are slightly soft. Drain water.
Place puff pastry onto a floured surface and roll out slightly.
Cut into 6 rectangle strips from the short side.
Next brush apricot preserves onto each rectangle of pastry.
Arrange the apple slices, slightly overlapping with the peeling side of the slice overhanging the pastry so that only half of the apple is on the pastry itself. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Fold the pastry over the apple slices, making sure that the apple slices are hanging out. Then carefully roll up the pastry. If the apples, slip out, put them back in.
Place the apple roll into a muffin tin and continue with the remaining strips.

Bake for 40-45 minutes, until pastry is cooked through. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.


*** I cut my pastry strips from the long side, because I used my small pie tins, this made for larger roses. I baked them on parchment paper.



recipe source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie