Egg-free Eggnog

So here's the thing, you either love eggnog or you hate it! I have to admit here in our home, we like it, and brace yourselves my kids even ask me to make it. Yup, I have those kids, eggnog connoisseurs! Most of the eggnog haters, dislike it because of the eggs in it. I get it I do, so this recipe may just convert you to an eggnog lover, because no eggs are involved, yup no eggs! No eggs means it's also safe for the kiddos, pregnant mommas, and the elderly. So now you have no excuse not to give it a try!





Ingredients

5 cups milk ( I use skim milk)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
Pinch of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions

Add 2 cups of milk, sugar, pudding mix, vanilla, spices and salt to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes.
Pour into a large pitcher and stir in remaining 3 cups milk. Refrigerate until thickened slightly, at least one hour.
Stir well before serving.


* you can probably use soy milk, or almond milk
*add more spice if you like
* add some rum, for the adults


recipe source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie