Sweet Corn Fritters

 I saw this recipe on Gordon Ramsay’s ‘Ultimate Cookery Course’ TV show, and decided to give it a try. These easy fritters are made with just a few cupboard ingredients! They are delicious and comfort food at it's best.  Great for lunch or a quick and easy dinner. Perfect for dipping, in some spicy mayo,  aioli, salsa, or even guacamole. My family loves them, I hope your family will too!



Gordon Ramsay's Corn Fritters

For The Fritters

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup whole milk ( I used skim)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 red chile, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 8-ounce can of sweet corn, drained and dried on paper towel ( 1 cup of corn )


For The Dip

1 cup of plain yogurt (I used greek)
1/2 red chile seeded and finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper

*oil for frying ( I use olive oil)


Make The Dip:

Mix together the dip ingredients and taste.  Adjust as necessary for your liking.

Make The Fritters:

Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.  Season with salt and pepper, mix together and make a well in the center.  Add the egg and milk and whisk, gradually bringing the wet ingredients into the dry to make a smooth batter.  Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and whisk again until smooth.

Stir the scallions, chile, cilantro, and corn into the batter and mix well. Add extra milk if you think you need it.

Heat a large frying pan and add a glug of oil.  Put about a tablespoon of the mixture in the pan for each fritter into the hot pan and push it down lightly.  Fry in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.  Keep warm.



notes:
* I have used parsley, when I did not have cilantro
* and if you don't like heat, you can omit the chile
* for my family of five, I double the recipe



Recipe found here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie