Strawberry Mint Gin & Tonic


"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability." - Sam Keen 



One of my favorite quotes, and perfect for the middle of August, when not a heck of alot is going on around here. Well not unless you count the swimming, the grilling, the entertaining or the drinking on the patio! This has been one of our favorite drinks this summer. I love a good gin & tonic, it is actually one of my favorite drinks. Now imagine adding summer ripe strawberries and fragrant mint. Trust me it is a winner, you will not regret making it. So go and grab the ingredients, and make yourself some Strawberry Mint Gin & Tonics. While your at it, clear your agenda for the afternoon....and just be lazy...go on..it's the respectable thing to do!




2- 3 large strawberries, stems removed and halved
1 tsp. sugar
4 small mint leaves
1 1/2 oz. gin
1 lime wedge
4 - 6 oz. tonic water

Place strawberries, sugar, and mint in a mason jar or tall glass.
Muddle to combine.
Add gin and juice from lime to strawberries.
Mix.
Fill glass with ice.
Pour tonic water into glass.
Stir all ingredients together.



recipe found here

Comments

  1. Yum! I'm visiting the island next month (my first time away from the United States) and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie